Business Process Management Solutions
What Is BPM?
Business Process Management (BPM) can be described as a â€œprocess optimization processâ€ and a discipline involving combination of modeling, automation, execution, control, measurement and optimization of business activity flows. It is a system approach to making an organization’s workflow more effective, more efficient and more capable of adapting to an ever-changing environment. AÂ business processÂ is an activity or set of activities that will accomplish a specific organizational goal. BPM is meant to implement processes in support of enterprise goals, spanning systems, employees, customers and partners within and beyond the enterprise boundaries.
What are BPMS?
Business Process Management System (BPMS) are new generation of software system that automate the core business process of an organization from â€œend to endâ€ i.e. over the entire lifecycle. A Good Business Process Management System will have tools and technologies to orchestrate every business process with human task interface, machine processing application and ability to call other external application for services, as required. Most of the Good BPMS system will have rich graphical editor with flow chart like interface for:
- Flow chart like drawing of processes and information flows.
- Define Business Rules, Human Input task, automatic alerts and notifications and routing to various hierarchy along with machine defined actions.
- Specifying the logical interactions between applications and services without lower-level concerns about interfaces, adapters, or middleware mechanisms.
- Automatic generation of executable code for the business process.
Simply put a BPMS is a technology that implement BPM which helps in faster development and deployment of organization processes and enable fast and rapid reconfiguration when the business process changes.
Benefits from a BPMS Implementation
Business organizations are using BPMS for different reasons and in different forms. BPMS has an overall impact on the business ecosystem resulting in cost savings across the processes inside business ecosystem.
[table id=2 /]
COMM-IT BPMS Services
- SOA and BPMS delivering true business transformation
- COMM-IT focuses on a structured BPMS approach employing methods, policies, metrics and software tools to continuously optimize our clientsâ€™ business processes. We offer integrated services across the value chain, including BPMS consulting, product selection, custom solution development, application integration and ongoing solution support.
Business process management has recently crossed the chasm that faces every new technology, and is fast becoming an indispensable tool in every CIOâ€™s kit. BPMS automates a businessâ€™s process environment to improve agility and operational performance. When executed well, a BPMS solution streamlines company operations within and outside its four walls, and provides Flexibility to adapt to changing business rules without heavy reliance on IT.
- How Could We Help?
- Our Business Process Management practice team brings in functional experts, proven practices, pre-build framework, tested methodologies and expertise on workflow engines to provide end-to-end BPM solutions. We align ourselves with our customers to optimize the current processes and strategize how BPM solutions could remove the current bottlenecks in the system.
- Where should you start?
- Organizations may recognize the value of utilizing BPMS for process improvement. The next question is inevitably â€œWhere do I startâ€ or â€œWhat process should I tackle firstâ€? From a business perspective, some of the symptoms that could identify a process improvement opportunity include:
- High labor costs to execute the process
- Inconsistent work quality
- Inaccurate forecasting of work completion
- Difficulty in providing status reports
- Employee and customer satisfaction
These symptoms indicate that the process cannot be effectively managed and that there is most likely a lack of visibility into how the process is performing. It is not only the business that can identify potential BPM candidate process. Quite frequently, the IT department cannot keep up with the pace of business. Symptoms to look for in the IT departments include:
- There are frequent changes requests to hand process exceptions
- There is frustration because of the constant changes to business requirements
- Pressure for shorter development cycles
- Difficulty in providing status reports
- Requests for reports that span multiple systems.
- More than a decade of experience in implementing BPM enabled solutions for medium to large enterprises across various BPMS platforms
- Competency on almost all the known BPMS platform viz Skelta, K2, Microsoft Workflow Foundation Server, Microsoft SharePoint Workflow, Fujitsu, Oracle SOA Workflow engines
- More 35 BPM solutions implemented across different industry verticals
- Experienced and vast Resource pool of Domain experts, process consultants, BPM architects and BPM developers
- Pre-build BPM Frameworks and Accelerators on various business processes to help you get started quickly.
- Market tested approach to BPM implementation
- Strong Technology Partnership with BPM vendors. Refer to Technology Partner page for more information.